A preliminary inquiry into the case of a Yarmouth County man facing a charge of attempted murder has been adjourned.
The proceeding for Nicholas Ashton Mullen was scheduled for tomorrow in provincial court.
A new date for the preliminary inquiry is expected to be set during a court appearance on Monday January 22.
Crown attorney Del Wickens said he was not opposed to the adjournment.
"The difficulty is, it's a complicated investigation and there's still disclosure evidence being gathered by police."
Defence lawyer Phil Star says it was a mutual request.
Star says one issue was in respect to a mix-up for the crown to get a certain witness before the court but more so, due to some disclosure information not getting to either the crown or the defence.
"So the crown is following up on some further disclosure requests I've had with what I consider to be material evidence."
Nicholas Mullen was arrested on November 4 last year at a residence in Pembroke after an incident in which a 38-year-old man was airlifted to hospital in Halifax with life-threatening injuries.
He faces 14 charges in total.
None of the charges have been proven in court.